19 December 2011

The Artist

Untitled-1

Have you guys seen The Artist yet?  I haven't, but I really want to!  If you're not familiar with it, it's a new silent movie that getting loads of attention as awards season rolls around.  It's set in Hollywood, 1927, and centers around George Valentin, a silent movie star, and Peppy Miller, a young dancer just getting her big break as "talkies" gain popularity.  It seems to star unknown actors in the lead rolls, but I spy John Goodman, Malcolm McDowell and Penelope Ann Miller in these stills.  I love the real thing when it comes to silent movies, but I'm really curious to see what this modern day version is like.

Untitled-2

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard about that movie. I would really like to see it myself!

Marja <3

BaronessVonVintage said...

I am sooooo excited to see this. Great stills!

Melissa said...

it's funny how the men all look totally period accurate but the gals fall flat, IMO. Oh, Hollywood.

Sandra Kide said...

They are not unknown in France!
The hero is Jean Dujardin and the brunette is Berenice Bejo. And it's not a Hollywood movie but a french movie :)
I didn't see it too but i've heard only good things about it!

Unknown said...

I really really really want to see this! I saw my first silent movie a few months ago and can't wait to see a modern version. When I asked a friend if she was going to see it, and I described what it was, her reply was 'silent, as in no talking?'. To her it sounded really boring, and so many people my age, i.e. teenagers, have never seen a silent movie. I think and hope this will be brilliant!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

Folklorical said...

I have not heard of this but I definitely want to see it! Talkies are in many cases highly overrated;)

Unknown said...

Wow this sounds awesome. I hadn't heard of it before now, but I'm definitely interested in seeing it. Especially after seeing quite a few silent films in my French film class last semester.

Helen at THELOVECATSINC said...

great stills!

also, just wanted to say that i love your blog and will definitely be keeping up with future posts!

from, helen @ thelovecatsINC

http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

emma brown trithart said...

Oh yes! I want to see this super duper bad. I've actually seen this Jean Dujardin in a French secret service parody film called OSS 17 - his comedic timing is so amazing! I can't wait to see him doing more.

Rachel said...

This looks SO GOOD. I'm going to have to see it with my best friend and regular movie date...we haven't seen anything good recently.