05 December 2009

Fletcher

Untitled-1
For me, most designer/chain store collaborations have fallen flat. Of all the Target GO collections, I've only acquired one piece - the 30s style black and white Libertine dress. I don't know what it is about them that doesn't tickle my fancy, but for some reason I'm never as excited about the actual clothes as I am the idea of them. So when I heard that Lyell was pairing up with UO, I was excited but at the same time a bit apprehensive. I guess I can breath a sigh of relief now! I'm actually liking quite a few of the pieces. I know I've mentioned it (a couple of times?) before but the little velvet jacket is certainly in my future. And I'm happy to see that whenever I check back, there seems to be new pieces being added. Just today I discovered that black polka dot flutter sleeve dress. Now if only they would add a pair of high waisted wool shorts! I've been looking everywhere for a pair with absolutely no luck.

6 comments:

anja louise said...

I bought the silk tap shorts and I love them!! If they ever go on sale, I'm going to buy another pair in case the zipper ever breaks. I would love a pair of wool shorts too... there was actually a Lyell pair on ebay recently but I forgot to bid!

jesse.anne.o said...

Maybe because most of the Go collections were made out of cotton so coarse you wouldn't set it on the ground to eat a picnic off of?

These are nice though. Hopefully they're better made than at least half of UO's stuff!

Lexie said...

the lyell and the steven wolf collabs with UO have both churned out some pretty great stuff i think.

Lacey Starr said...

Oh I really love that dress with the flutter and sleeves and the red cardigan. (I'm cardigan obsessed, just got a pink vintage one!)

Heart Charlie said...

I bought a jumper from the Fletcher line and it the fit/fabric left a lot to be desired. I was a little disappointed, but I am willing to try again! Love that black and white dress!

Tanglewood Baked Goods said...

I'm also on the prowl for high-waisted wool shorts. Please keep us posted if you ever find some!